Friday 22 June 2012

Zeiss Ikon Maximar 207/7

I got this beautiful camera from ebay for just £30. I was amazed at the condition it was in and what a great looking camera it is.
It has an F4.5 Tessar lens which is in excellent condition. The camera was made in 1930 and takes quarter plate 9x12cm film (in single sheets). The camera has come with 3 plate holders. These need to be loaded with individual cut film in a darkroom.
Quarter plate film is quite hard to come by now. Ilford make small quantities but it is very expensive. Eastern European makers like Adox and Forma make it but I haven't yet found a UK supplier with it in stock. Expired plate film is also often found on ebay.
As soon as I get any photos I will post them here although I'm not sure how I will scan such big negatives as my scanner can only cope with 120 size negs. I'm hoping I can contact print them but I have no printing equipment. I guess I should just wait to see how the negs turn out!



No comments:

Post a Comment