Monday 18 June 2012

Colour developing

I used to think that developing C41 colour films would be difficult, but actually it's quite easy. I use the Tetenal kit. The chemicals I'm using were purchased in Oct 2011. I made them up in two batches, I made up the current batch in March 2012 and I have done 5 films in them and they still seem fine.
I do the development in the kitchen sink, making a bath of hot (38C) water, using a standard development tank. I use a digital thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature and add more hot water if needed but as the development times are quite short I don't have a problem keeping an even temperature
Results might not be perfect but I'm happy with them.
This one was taken yesterday in Bristol with my Canon QL19. Film is Kodak 200 - £1 in Poundland.

No comments:

Post a Comment