Friday 18 January 2013

Flickr Favorites

What photos do people view the most often in my Flickr photostream? Who cares! I hear you ask, well photos are there to be viewed and enjoyed by other people so I may as well consider their opinion and presumably the photos people view the most are the ones they like. Of course there may be other reasons why people view photos other than for purely artistic reasons! The popularity of photos of women seem to be inversely proportionate to how many items of clothing they are wearing!
My most viewed photo on Flickr (by quite a margin) is this one:
This is Kat Marsh, who used to be bass player with my son's ex-band, The King Blues. No doubt its popularity has nothing to do with its artistic quality (although I think its not a bad gig photo), Kat seems to be a very popular lady and a Google search of her name will list this photo, although not near the top. However the photo has no favorites! The photo that most people have added to their favorites is this one:
I enjoyed taking this photo as I had planned it in my head for some time. It shows an Exakta camera in the Wait Level Finder of another Exakta camera. It should really have been taken with a third Exakta camera but it wasn't, its taken with my Olympus OM-2. 
Another popular photo, with lots of favorites too, is this one, also taken with my OM2:
Its the instruments from my Honda 400/4 motorbike, made in 1976. Perhaps people liked it because it awakened memories of motorbikes of their youth!
Which are my favorite photos? Well I like black and white, interesting textures and reflections. This photo, taken recently (also with my OM2) is the one I like most:
It also has a few favorites on Flickr too! Another one I like a lot and has a few favorites is this one (taken with my Olympus XA2):
That's all for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment