Friday 15 February 2013

Polaroid Land Camera 330

I got this lovely old folding Polaroid on e-bay for just £6! The seller listed it incorrectly as a Kodak camera which may explain how I got it so cheap. The 330 model has a glass rather than plastic lens (that the 320 and lower numbers have). Its  in pretty good condition considering its age.

First task was to see if the 'electronic eye' which adjusts the shutter speed works. To do this a battery is needed.

The camera originally took a 3v battery which are not longer widely available. Luckily I had an AAA battery holder handy which takes two AAA cells to give 3 volts. I wired this up temporarily to check if the shutter works. In the dark the shutter can be heard closing a few seconds after the button is pressed showing that a longer exposure would have been made.
The Fuji FP-3000 film arrived (also from e-bay) and, with the battery still not properly fixed I tried it out. I went for an indoor mirror self portrait. The first photo was pretty dark so I tuned up the setting to lighter and tried again. This time the shot was still a little dark but quite sharp:
The pack film produces a kinda negative along with the print, I quite liked the effect of that so I scanned that part too:
Not bad for a first attempt. Next I must fix the battery properly.



No comments:

Post a Comment