Friday 24 August 2012

Film or digital?

Just back form a holiday in Gran Canaria. Not as photogenic as I had hoped, too dry and hot! I took my Exakta Varex IIa loaded with FP4, my Olympus OM-2 with some expired Kodak Portra 160VC and my Lumix DMC-GF3 for digital snapshots. Having developed the films and looked through the shots I took at home I realized I took some of the same shots on colour film and digital. For me its not about which is the best, I enjoy the film process much more than the digital one, but I thought I would compare the shots to see how they differ.
Colourful cafe in Las Palmas, with the Olympus, Kodak 160VC film 
Same shot with the Lumix
Flowers in the garden where we stayed - with the Olympus film camera
Similar shot with the Lumix digital camera, but with the OM lens
Which one is best? I have no idea! Colours are a bit off on the film photo of the cafe, mostly because I was impatient to process them and used my old Tetenal chemicals which are 10 months old and I think need replacing now. Personally I think I prefer the film photos in both, but I am biased!





No comments:

Post a Comment